Easy to make and make use of overripe bananas. Bananas are excellent source of Vitamin B6, contain certain amounts of Vitamin C, manganese, potassium.A brown-spotted banana is a sign that the antioxidant levels have increased. The brown spots form when the chlorophyll in the fruit begins to break down and turn into antioxidants. Antioxidants are extremely beneficial for your body because they may prevent or delay some types of cell damage and lower the risk of certain diseases. The recipe I tried out is from Marion's Kochbuch.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter with sugar and vanilla sugar till butter turns creamy. Add an egg and mix well and add one more egg and mix again. Season it with few drops of rum flavour. See step 8.
- In a bowl, slice the bananas and mash it with a fork. Add Sour cream and stir into the banana.
- In another bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix alternatively the flour & the banana mixture into butter.
- Butter the loaf pan and line the baking pan with baking paper. Pour the banana mixture into the pan. See step 8.
- Preheat the oven at 170 deg. celsius and bake the banana cake on the middle rack for 60 min.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool.
- Tips:-If you are using fresh bananas, increase the sugar amount because they do not have enough sweetness in them.
- Adding a quarter cup of nuts or walnuts also enhances its taste.
- Vanilla Sugar
How to cream butter
Lining a loaf pan