This is a simple pudding with custard poured over a combination of pineapple, candied cherries & nuts on a butter biscuit base. You cannot just go wrong with this one.
- Cook china grass in 3/4 cup water.
- Cook pineapple with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Prepare Custard- Mix condensed milk, milk and sugar well and then add beaten eggs to it ( Keep it on medium heat and stir constantly, until it is thick.) Do not let the custard boil.
- Add vanilla essence and cooked china grass to the custard while hot.
- Arrange biscuits on a flat dish . Spread the cooked pineapple, cherries and cashew nuts evenly on top of the biscuits. Pour the custard on top. Chill, decorate and serve.
I make it often without china grass but chill it for more time, so as to get the consistency near to a pudding.
I buy tins of pineapple pieces cooked in sugar and use candied cherries.